13 January 2020
The wheels are in motion up in East Gippsland, with the planning and recovery work in full swing.
Thanks to our friends at RACV, we have secured the services of this flat bed truck (including a driver) to assist with the reconstruction across Gippsland. Today’s delivery is full of donated solar panels and electrical infrastructure for East Gippsland, and reflects RACV’s commitment and support for the region.
A summary of the support that we are providing to the region:
– A $25,000 donation already made to the Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund
– 4 x emergency power packs, made up of 2 x Tesla Powerwall batteries wired into a switchboard and powerpoints, to be deployed into the hardest hit areas within the next week or so
– Over 400 solar panels donated by our friends at Trina Solar and SunPower, as well as the excess solar panels from a recently completed solar farm at Numurkah (donated by the good people at Neoen). These solar panels and hardware will provide electricity for some regions without reliable supply
– Solar inverters provided by our friends at Fronius
– Working with Telstra and AusNet (who have both been amazing during this difficult period) to deploy generators to areas in need of emergency power
– The establishment of an internal Bushfire Recovery team, to explore the ways we can support the region. This may be in the form of financial support, products or services
Any suggestions are welcome, to help us work with the East Gippsland community as we rebuild the necessary services and infrastructure.
Thanks to our staff who have volunteered their time, either to physically fight the fires or assist with planning the reconstruction efforts.
We believe the quality of our people is our greatest asset, and this awful situation has certainly reinforced those beliefs.
We live in a wonderful region, with so many amazing people. This rebuild will be challenging, but it will galvanize the community and only strengthen us going forward.