One of the Most Efficient Type of Solar Hot Water Systems.
Roof mounted solar hot water (also referred to as a “close-coupled” or “thermosiphon” system) is widely regarded as one of the most efficient type of solar hot water systems.
Because the tank is above the collectors, the system works entirely on the thermosiphon principle (eg, the heat rises naturally into the tank).
While the ‘flat plate’ style of collector is slightly less efficient than the Apricus ‘evacuated tube’ system (see graph illustration above for a comparison between the two types), there are some big advantages in the roof mounted tank. This system is particularly suitable for off-grid installations (where the extra power usage of a solar circulating pump might be an issue), and also where you have limited space for a storage tank on the ground.
This also means your entire hot water service is on the roof, so you no longer have a bulky storage tank on the outside wall of the house. Rinnai roof mounted systems come with a long-life, stainless steel tank as standard, providing you with peace of mind for years to come.
Benefits of Roof Mounted Tank
- No circulating pump required – totally passive
- Stainless steel tank as standard
- Entirely frost-protected – warranty down to -5oC
- Entire hot water system on roof – uses less space
- Entirely designed AND manufactured in Australia
- We use only the highest quality systems available
- Full processing of all your rebate paperwork
- Systems designed and manufactured in Australia
- Directing a percentage of sales back into local community
- We only use local Gippsland installers
Rinnai has over 40 years of experience in hot water and is one of the world’s most trusted hot water brands. Rinnai systems are designed and manufactured in Australia and built for Australian conditions!
Choice of 7 different colours at no extra cost
Save up to 80% on your hot water costs!
We're here to help
Give Us A Call
We’re here to talk to you
Monday to Friday.
Our energy experts are here to answer
any questions you may have.
Send Us An Enquiry
For more information, send us a quick
enquiry & we’ll be in touch shortly.