Guaranteed Output in Low-Light Conditions
For off-grid systems, you need a solar panel that has the proven best performance in low-light. Winter is the time of year when the solar output is absolutely critical, because you may only have four or five hours of productive sunlight (especially in Gippsland!)
LG solar panels have a guaranteed output in low-light conditions making them the perfect solar panel for off-grid applications. This can save you many hours of running a generator in winter and provide the ultimate peace of mind.
LG is one of the world’s largest and most trusted solar brands. LG solar panels are produced in a state-of-of the-art facility in Singapore, where the production line is fully automated. If you are looking for a truly cutting edge solar panel with a genuine performance advantage, look no further!
Proven Field Performance
Independent monitoring shows that LG panels are consistently performing better than any other brand.
More power per square metre
LG Panels are similar in size to conventional 260W panels, but LG’s 320 panels deliver 22% more electricity per square metre. This will become increasingly important as battery storage becomes more common, as you only have limited roof space and you need to maximise it.
LG’s all black cell, and black frame will blend seamlessly into your roof. They are ideal for aesthetics, where the look of the system on the roof is critical.
When it comes to wind forces, most competitor modules are certified to 2400 Pascals. LG modules, with their strong, double walled frame and screwed corners, are certified to more than double that, at 5400 Pascals. That’s equivalent to 335 kph!
LG Solar panels are specifically designed to work more efficiently in low-light and high temperatures. Ask us for some results to prove it!
LG Mono X® 2 panels have received additional certification including for salt mist corrosion, which is great news for costal installations.
Why is LG the most efficient solar
panel in the world?
Our monitoring data keeps showing that LG solar panels produce more electricity in all weather conditions. Don’t just take our word for it. Check out an independent analysis by the solar industry gurus at Roof Juice. You can read the full report here, but below is a brief summary of the LG difference:
- Instead of just two or three connections on and between the cells, LG uses twelve. This means more power, less losses and more efficient collection of electrons.
- They redesigned the interconnection on the surface of the cell (called “tabbing” or “ribbons”) so they can absorb more light.
- They make the back of the cell light absorbent too. Light can be reflected around the cell and reflected onto the back and front, improving performance.
- All solar cells degrade over time. The use of 12 interconnections means that degradation induced effects are minimised and more energy is collected, despite the gradual decline in performance over time.
- They virtually eliminated Light Induced Degradation (LID) which is a natural phenomenon in all solar panels. LG have virtually eliminated the “Boron/Oxygen pair” within the cells which is one of the leading causes of LID.
- Sixth, the result of many of these subtle improvements is that under low light and high temperature conditions, performance is better than conventional cells.
How Much More Do LG Panels Cost?
Much less than you would expect! We are importing these panels direct from LG, which is a huge step forward for Gippsland Solar. It means we can cut out the middle-man and deliver this premium product, from a respected international brand direct to Gippslanders without increasing our prices.
Not only are we now offering LG solar panels for a small price premium, but they offer several advantages that other solar panels just can’t compete with. In some situations, LG solar panels are simply the only option.
More Power Per Square Metre
As we touched on earlier, LG solar panels are able to offer more power per square metre. For commercial installations, or homes with limited roof space, we can offer you a solution that no one else can compete with. In the medium term, maximising your roof area with the most efficient solar panels is your best option.
Long Term Performance vs Price
The solar industry is full of cheap systems, where the sole selling point is the lowest price per kW installed. But in the last few years, consumers are starting to wake up to this false economy. As industry guru and friend Nigel Morris says, ‘Cheap solar is dumb solar’.
If you think about this system being installed on your roof for the next 20+ years, you start to understand that you are not simply buying a 5kW system, you are buying energy. So when you take the extra ‘cost’ of installing a quality product, and average it out over tens of thousands of kW/h, you can see the value in a quality solar panel.
We're here to help
Give Us A Call
We’re here to talk to you
Monday to Friday.
Our energy experts are here to answer
any questions you may have.
Send Us An Enquiry
For more information, send us a quick
enquiry & we’ll be in touch shortly.